Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Tie Dye Diva Perfect Party Dress Blog Hop

 




I am so very honored to be a part of the Tie Dye Diva Blog Hop! Tie Dye Diva is one of the top pattern companies on the internet and I have finally had the opportunity to sew up one of her patterns. Well written and easy to sew, I think you are going to find that you need the Perfect Party Dress pattern in your stash. Although Tie Dye Diva is so popular you probably already have this pattern!  If you do not have it, well then I am here to tell you, it's time to make a purchase. It comes it two size ranges, baby sizes 0-24 months and girl sizes 2 to 10 years. Seriously you need to get on it! It is on SALE this week! Gasp!


 
The challenge in this blog hop is to come up with a variation of the pattern. I chose to use the bodice liner as my complete bodice and use crazy beautiful  bitty bow tulle from rufflefabric.com. You have no idea how hard it was for me to cut into this tulle! But since I was using a Tie Dye Diva pattern I knew I could trust the size chart and pattern's accuracy so after some hyperventilating, I just started cutting away. I was right about trusting the pattern and we are both very happy with the results.




For the bodice I used the bodice liner pattern pieces to cut out my liner and my bodice fabrics from the tulle and the liner fabric. I basted the tulle onto one set of the liner fabric and treated those pieces as the dress exterior and then just used the remaining liner pieces as specified in the pattern.




For the skirt I essentially made 4 skirt layers. The top layer is bitty bow tulle, the next 3 layers are  sparkly tulle, and the bottom layer is the same fabric as the liner, a pink broadcloth. The skirt is too sheer without the broadcloth layer. The result of all these layers is a full and floaty skirt. So dreamy for a little girl. It really is the Perfect Party Dress.




Keep Hopping along on the blog hop!!!

May 1 Jenny, Meriel, Victoria, Nichole
May 2 Deanna, Zura, Kim




And if you are just joining in on the hop, revisit past posts!


April 28 Kathy, Amy, Michelle

April 29 Ren, Tasha, and Alyssa 

4 comments:

  1. ::swoon:: Brilliant! You had such a vision for this, it's breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jenny!! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy about this dress! I have a granddaughter that would look beautiful in it! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet she is getting plenty of twirl out of this one! So girly girl!

    ReplyDelete