Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter!




Well it wouldn't be Easter without a new Easter dress! Okay that is dumb. Of course it would be Easter. Jesus did not put any dress requirement on the day. But it is a lovely occasion to have a new dress so of course I dove into my fabric stash and came up with a combination of favorites.




The fabric is my favorite print from Jennifer Paganelli's Circa. It is called Maggie and I have it in all colorways. It is just that beautiful. You will see this print again on this blog. I love it that much.




The dress is from Jennifer's book Girl's World. I hope you have a copy by now! If not you can still purchase it on Amazon as well as from Jennifer herself. It is a staple sewing book you need in your stash. Dreamy. Anyway this is my daughter's favorite dress pattern. She LIVES in her first Mary's Fancy Sash. So much that it has faded a little bit and is not as long as it use to be. It is time for a new one!




 The dress  is designed to be a pullover so it has a wide neck hole. I found with her favorite dress that even though she had grown slightly wider, the neck hole really was still just fine. So for the bodice I traced the size small neck hole and size medium for the rest. I think it turned out pretty well. I did not cut the dress to the medium length, it is actually slightly longer than the large dress length measurement. She is tall and is not shrinking so I wanted to give her time on the length. Besides I think long dresses are sweet on little girls. So there you have it, a size small, medium, longer than large dress. We love it!




So tell me. are you highly anticipating Jennifer Paganelli's Beauty Queen like me???


Photo: Because you all mean the world to me we are having a special raffle.. ends this Sunday 20th at midnight. 1/2 yards of Beauty Queen in one word what does Sis Boom mean to you!! One lucky winner!!! Do your best!


 Oh my word! I have some on the way, from sweet Jennifer herself, and I honestly think the postman took the weekend off! I am dying! I will survive, I will survive, I will survive.


I hope you have a blessed weekend! Happy Easter! Jesus loves YOU! That's what Easter is all about. His love for you and me.

4 comments:

  1. Your sweet girl is just lovely!!! Love the dress!! Don't worry, Beauty Queen will be here before you know it!! Have a lovely Easter with your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dress! Beautiful girl, too. I would love to see a picture of this fabric stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dress, and I just love you both! Have a beautiful Easter, we are so thankful for that empty tomb and for all that the Lord does for us every single day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress. I have this book and am still trying to decide which one to make first!

    ReplyDelete